Rebuilding an incubator

I'd like to help you with your project, but can't figure out if you want to use what you have or replace it with new stuff. I like trying to use what I have, if it works, and replacing later if it doesn't. There are things you can try before replacing. The light on the outside of your incubator looks to be a power indicator, meaning that it's on when the thing is plugged in. There's a cord that comes into the heating area and has a knot tied in it, and it goes to the thermostat, or wafer as your calling it. The thermostat controls everything except the red light, I think. anyway, It looks like the bare wire coil isn't hooked up, there's a white wire hanging down from the wires that go from the thermostat back to where the fan and heating coils are. The fan has black and white wires going to it and it works so you're good there. The single white wire needs to be hooked to the bare wire coil to work. You need to hook up the white wire to the connector that is near the white insulator, it has a straight screwdriver slot in it, you may also need a pair of pliers to hold it as the screw may be tight. Hook this up and plug the thing in and see what happens. If the thermostat is working the wire may get hot. If it doesn't get hot, play with that wire outside by the red light, turn it in or out alot and see if anything happens. If you see the wire getting red don't panic, it won't start a fire, but at least you'll know what's going on. If that doesn't work you can bypass the wafer and try that later.

Last edited:
if the red light is on that means the wafer thermostat is sending power to everything. light off no power to fan,heat element ect. once you get everything electric working replace it all. if a fan or element goes out during you incubating then your eggs will get cold and be no good. thats a big risk to take if you dont.

Last edited:
Quote:
The fan should work separate from the thermo and element. The light should come on when the thermo kicks in the element and go off when the thermo kicks off the element. The fan should cycle the air at all times, even when the element is off.

When you rebuilt the incubator, what did you use for the seal around the door. I have this model and am ready to get it going, but alas, the seal is dry, cracked and not of much use.

Thank you,
Fauna

Back
Top Bottom