Rebuilding my confidence in myself and my hatching abilities....

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jfulcher, Jun 26, 2011.

1. jfulcher

jfulcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    So far no eggs have hatched... Accidentally broke a egg trying to check the date written on it, luckily it was a dud, never fertilized. So, I am storing up eggs, and trying to decide to buy/build another bator. For more hatching.... Never realized how addictive this was!!! XD
    Thinking about the Hova Bator 1602n ... And if I am really lucky the turner as well... I think 2 bators would be ideal for me honestly... Any opinions or helpful advice?...

2. Jocasta

Jocasta Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2011
    I have limited experience as I'm only on my second (very successful) hatch. I absolutely love my Brinsea Octagon 20 eco. I haven't worried too much about humidity, and have pretty much just loaded the eggs and then forgotten about it. The price difference is well worth it imo. You can pick them up used once or twice pretty inexpensively too... I've never used a hovabator but I've not heard great things about them. I know that some people on here love theirs but I've definitely heard more bad than good.

3. the4heathernsmom

the4heathernsmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2008
    east texas
    yea they aren't the greatest but it's what we could afford!!!! good luck and i think 2 batos is an excellent idea!!!!!!!!!! I have read where alot of people do that and it seems to work out really well for them! [​IMG]

4. jfulcher

jfulcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Well if anyone knows of anyone getting rid of a bator inexpensively I will def pay shipping!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by