Received a weird email... Is it fake?

One thing I have learned from hubby (he's a computer engineer) is NEVER trust any email! Sometimes you can get virus's from your friends email addy because SHE has a virus and sends it to you without her knowledge. Never open anything (jokes or attachments) if you don't want a virus ESPECIALLY if your using Internet explorer. That email looks fake to me. If you go down to the left of your screen and watch you can see the actual address it come from. Sometimes if you run your mouse over it it will show the address. Don't click on it but just run it over it.

Quote:
No, it depends on the terms of the permission you give. FOr instance I have many times sold magazine articles on terms that basically boil down to they get the rights to publish it once and that's it. I have also sold one or two articles where they retain all future rights to the piece. Other arrangements also exist, e.g. limited or not limited to specific media and/or countries. It is quite easy to authorize something to be used in, say, somebody's DVD but that's the only use you're giving.

Pat

I received the same thing when I posted about a kitten to a free home. At some point they'll ask you for your bank account information so they can wire you money to pay for whatever you are offering. It's a scam, report then delete.

Shellie, Don't respond to this. We responded to a request for bibles one time and it got twisted into we were sponcoring someone from Uganda to come to the U.S. and were providing them with a job, housing and all.... It was a real mess, DON'T DO IT!

I say call em
smile.png

Quote:
They wanted to use your picture of the kitten
hu.gif
weird

Then wanted to send MONEY for a free kitten - now that is odd.

Back
Top Bottom