Received chicks this morning!-1 DOA

stayathomedad

In the Brooder
11 Years
Aug 19, 2008
I ordered from McMurray 9 Red Stars, 7 Easter Eggers, 4 Barred Rocks, 3 Silver Laced Wyandottes, 2 Rhode Island Reds, and they threw in 2 extras. I got the call from the post office early this morning to pick them up. When I put them in their brooder, I noticed one dead in the shipping box, looks trampled. It would've been nice to have all alive, but losing just one, seems to be ok. Should I let McMurray know, or just let it be? I think I will just let it be seeing that I'm still one more ahead than what I ordered. I believe the ones I ordered are all accounted for, so it must be one of the extas.

you can still let them know. wait 24 hours to see how all do. that is their policy.
they credit you for DOA's, but you have to order 25 minimum, so you can use it for the next batch.

God bless your little flock!

I would let it go, they did give you extras and this is one of those things that can happen with shipped chicks.
I had one die on me last week from my shipped chicks, and it was not an extra.
I can't complain because I knew the risk.
Good luck and enjoy the rest of your new fuzzies.

Ok, I'll just let it be.
Here are some pics if anyones interested. My 3 year old and 8 month old daughters love them, but my 2 year old son isn't so sure yet.

14665_100_3004.jpg

14665_100_3003.jpg

14665_100_3002.jpg

14665_100_3001.jpg

14665_100_3000.jpg

Back
Top Bottom