Received sick shipped birds - what to do?

He told me to inject them in the breast with 2 cc of the Tylan 50 for 3-4 days so I will try that. They have been vaccinated for mareks, new castle and lt. I am probably a little more obsessive than most for keeping birds healthy with my biology/zoo/humane society background. If I am ever breeding so many birds that I can't keep them healthy, I would feel obligated to cut back. Probably difficult to cut back on how many birds you keep if you are looking to show on a national level. For now I feel busy if I hatch a dozen or two over the summer with all my other responsibilities!

I would rethink that 2ml injections. That is quite a bit. I don't think it's right.

The *most* I can remember seeing is 40mg per 2.2 pounds (1kg), which is .8ml of Tylan 50 or .2 of Tylan 200.

-Kathy

This is from my other book:

Tylan - What does "initial therapy" mean ?

Penicillin

Baytril

Last edited:
Just wanted to update that I gave my 4th and last day Tylan 50 injections (0.2 for pullets, 0.25 for cockerel) today and didn't hear any sneezes or gurgles while my husband was helping me treat them. No signs of returning lice either, but I will be cleaning out their Sevin/DE/SweetPDZ laced bedding this weekend and replacing it with just some DE and SweetPDZ. Since they got a Frontline injection before they shipped, and a topical treatment in three spots after I bathed them, hopefully that will be enough to wipe them out!

Back
Top Bottom