Recent hatched chick balence/ walking Problem.

The chick is strong in one side and cant stand on its own. It also flips over right to its back when it tries to move on its own. Anyone?

Did she have any trouble hatching? I had one that spent all night trying to get out of the egg, and if I recall correctly, she was nearly 3 days old before she could walk properly. She just seemed really clumsy (and one foot was a little bigger than the other). She's fine now, but your problem might be something different. I don't know if there are any medical issues that would cause it. It's not a leg issue, is it? (Like spraddle leg?)

Have you tried giving it poly vi sol? It may need an extra boost of vitamins. You have to put it on your finger and rub it on its beak to let it get some. Do this 3-4 times a day for a few days. It helped one of my chicks who was not quite right when it walked. Make sure you use the one without iron.

They legs arent messed up. When the chick tries to stsnd and walk it stumbles forward and "flips" to its back.

We had this with one of our chicks that we hatched -this being our first time we were unsure what to do-we made the little dear a "cup cage". We placed it in a plastic cup that it fit snug (and could not move to flip backwards) in with a small box taped to the front and left it in there over night. By morning her problem was gone but this was the first night from when it was hatched. Hope you can help your little chick!!

Back
Top Bottom