Recent opinions on Pullet-Shut vs Ador1

DUWBACC

In the Brooder
Aug 8, 2016
NC
First of all, I am SO SORRY for asking a question that has been asked a billion and one times I'm sure. I searched and read through all of the older threads on this subject.

For those of you who have either of those systems, do you like it or do you wish you had gone with the other?

Note: I am NOT techy and my handy skills stop after changing a light fixture. I'm a busy mommy and just need something easy and reliable. With pullet-shut I would do the light sensor, solar panel and rechargeable battery. With Ador1 I would just do the battery and change it every 6 months (or more if needed) to be safe. On either system I would set the "delay open" feature so that the door would open a little later than sunrise. I wouldn't manually open before 7am anyway.

Who has used either of these systems long-term and what are your thoughts? Thank you for your help and time!!

I'm afraid I cannot help you as far as the pullet shut, however, I have both the Chicken Guard as well as the Ador1 (2 of each). Have had auto doors going on 2 years now. I can honestly say that I much prefer the Ador1 vs. the Chicken Guard. The set up for the Ador1 is so easy. The only thing I added to the Ador1 is some reflective tape so I can make sure the door has fully shut at night. While the chicken guards work fine, I don't have the model where you can set the light levels so I have to manually change the open/shut time on them as the seasons change. The battery compartment for the Ador1 is more easily accessed and there is no string to break. So, to sum things up, I absolutely love my Ador1s. In the near future, I plan on getting the Ador1 Turkey door once I have the mobile Turkey coop up and running.

I'm afraid I cannot help you as far as the pullet shut, however, I have both the Chicken Guard as well as the Ador1 (2 of each).  Have had auto doors going on 2 years now.  I can honestly say that I much prefer the Ador1 vs. the Chicken Guard. The set up for the Ador1 is so easy.  The only thing I added to the Ador1 is some reflective tape so I can make sure the door has fully shut at night.  While the chicken guards work fine, I don't have the model where you can set the light levels so I have to manually change the open/shut time on them as the seasons change.  The battery compartment for the Ador1 is more easily accessed and there is no string to break.  So, to sum things up, I absolutely love my Ador1s.  In the near future, I plan on getting the Ador1 Turkey door once I have the mobile Turkey coop up and running.

Thank you so much for your reply. Do you like how the Ador1 closes up and down vs out? I would probably mount it inside the coop because of ease of access to the door from the coop vs the run.

Have you ever experienced the Ador1 going wacky on you? Others have said in past threads that they had to reset the system a couple times a year to keep it from going crazy and not working properly.

I think I've only had to fool with the Ador1s once or twice since I've had them and even then the fix was a simple one. I have mine mounted on the outside of mobile chicken tractors. I don't know that I have a preference of closing/opening down/up vs. in/out. I've not had any glaring problems and certainly no regrets with my Ador1s. Good luck with your decision.

Back
Top Bottom