Recipe challenge (AKA help a lazy girl make dinner) **what I made**

FrenchHen

Chicken Ambassador
10 Years
Jan 26, 2009
Bagshot Row
The mission:

An easy dinner that uses already browned ground beef and tastes good with cornbread.

I have dry beans, none canned, so chili is out. I need it to take less than an hour, preferably much less because I feel lazy today.

Veggies included is a plus, but not necessary.

Ready, set, GO.

Last edited:
Got a bottle of BBQ sauce? Brown the ground beef, drain and heat with BBQ sauce.

Slice cornbread squares in half and butter generously.
Spoon BBQ ground beef mixture over the top.

my grandpa was famous for his sloppy joes recipe... brown a chopped onion in a large pan, then add beef. Brown. Then add a can of Campbell's Chicken Gumbo Soup (it has rice & veggies) and stir in mustand and ketchup to taste. Also optional is adding hotsauce and/or brown sugar. Everything is to taste. Normally it would be served on hotdog or hamburger buns, but just a scoop with cornbread would be good too.

I know it sounds weird, and I NEVER cook with anything from a can like that, but it's actually darn good and it holds a place in my heart because it's family recipe.

Another option would be cheeseburger patties (if you don't have buns). mix an egg, chopped onion, and lots of grated cheddar (or other) cheese with salt and pepper into the meat. Make into patties and grill or sear in a pan.

I like the BBQ sauce idea. Husband would like it too.

The beef is browned and in the freezer for days like this.

another option would be some sort of meatballs... mix meat, egg, breadcrumbs, parmesan or other cheese and any seasonings you like to taste and roll into balls. Serve with tomato sauce or barbecue sauce for dipping, depending on your seasonings and cheese choice.

Canyon casserole!
Ingredients:
1 lb. ground beef
1 (1 1/4-oz.) pkg. taco seasoning mix
1 (14.5-oz.) can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 (7-oz.) can vacuum packed whole kernel corn, drained
1/2 cup water
1 egg
1 cup Martha White
00ae.png
Self-Rising Corn Meal Mix
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons oil
4 oz. (1 cup) shredded Cheddar cheese

Instructions:
1 . Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease 8-inch square (2-quart) baking dish or shallow 2-quart casserole. Brown ground beef in large skillet over medium-high heat until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain.
2 . Add tomatoes, corn, water and taco seasoning mix; mix well. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Pour into greased baking dish.
3 . In small bowl, combine corn meal mix, milk, oil and egg; blend well. Stir in cheese. Pour batter over ground beef mixture in baking dish.
4 . Bake at 400 degrees F. for 30 to 35 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
6 servings

I use frozen corn-corn from a can-yuk!

Flour Tortillas, brown on pancake griddle
Shredded cheese any kind
browned beef with taco seasoning if available
sauteed onion. pepper, scallion,and any vegetable or not.
assemble tortillas on outside of cooked ingredients
serve with sour cream, avocado, salsa
Spanish rice mix

I cut up half an onion, two carrots, and two ribs of celery and softened them in olive oil. I covered them with water and boiled them soft. I chucked in a small can of tomato paste and a bit of liquid smoke and pureed the whole thing (son won't eat carrots).
Then I added the ground beef when I stuck the cornbread in the oven.

Cornbread with sloppy joe meat topped with sharp white cheddar.

Thanks Terrielacey! I was having a brain blank on what to fix.

Back
Top Bottom