Recipe for Chicken wings

The Anchor Bar Wing Recipe
2 1/2 lb. fresh chicken wings (12-16 whole wings)
1/2 cup Original Anchor Bar Sauce

If preferred, split wings at joint, pat dry. Deep fry at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes,
or bake at 425 degrees for 45 minutes until completely cooked and crispy; drain.
Put in bowl, add sauce and toss until wings are completely covered.
Serve with bleu cheese and celery.

We don’t get “Anchor Bar Wing Sauce” here in Fl, so I must use what we have.

Back in 1974 I had friends who were from Buffalo NY, and every so often they would make and serve Buffalo wings like this, with bleu cheese and celery.
It was good!
big_smile.png

These are the sweet and sour kind, rather than hot and spicy.

O-yes bring them bad boys on!
wink.png

Quote:
Sounds like a keeper to me! Thank you.​

Coated, uncoated, dressed, undressed, boiled, baked, pan fried, deep fried, or string them on a stick and hold them over a camp fire, there wings so there good.
big_smile.png

Thank you all.

I want to say, thank you, to each and every one of you who shared your Chicken wing recipe with me. THANK YOU!
big_smile.png

the best place here to get wings uses the butter and hot sauce recipe and my favorite kind adds garlic to the mix. They make the sauce a day ahead, its not so spicy when it sits.

Last edited:
One of the main treats we get at family get-togethers is wings. We have found through trial and error that if you fry them (we do ours bare) and take them out and let them cool while you are frying the next batch then put the first batch back in the oil and fry them a second time they get really crisp and stay that way.

You can't get them that crisp with only one fry...I don't care if you burn them it's not going to happen. They have to be fried twice to get the crispy yummy-ness.

We then put a large stainless steel bowl on the burner over med-low heat and put the sauce in it then add the wings to the hot sauce and let them cook for a sec. to get well coated then drain and serve.

Back
Top Bottom