Recipe for Chicken wings

Ottoman

Songster
11 Years
Oct 4, 2008
Florida
I like the wings,
wink.png
they are great to sit around a table with family and friends and eat chicken wings. I want to try some recipes. Hot wings, sweet & sour wings, Buffalo wings, chicken wings, BBQ wings, what ever your best wing recipe is pleas post it. Thank you.
big_smile.png

In a deep baking dish melt one stick of butter and add to it 1 bottle of Frank's buffalo wing sauce.

Keep the oven down around 225 - 250F and keep the buttery sauce warm. Careful not to lean too far over the hot sauce or you'll get a snoot full that will will take your breath and make your eyes water.

Wash your chicken wings. Lightly dust in seasoned flour. Deep fry until golden brown. Remove and drain on paper towels.

Once drained put the wings in the deep baking pan and roll in the hot sauce. Leave them in the oven to stay warm until all the wings are cooked.

Enjoy with ranch or blue cheese dressing with vegetable sticks.

Also have a good supply of napkins on hand. They are messy.

I use the same recipe for 'boneless' buffalo wings. I use chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces, deep fried golden and soaked in the sauce.

Also have a good supply of napkins on hand. They are messy.

O-yea that what I'm talkin about.
Thank ya missy​

I batter and deep fry the wings first but you could bake them...

Then in a large skillet add two large bottles of your favorite hot sauce, I use texas pete.
1 stick of butter and a package of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix. Stir together and simmer til bubbly.
Add wings and let simmer a couple of minutes, continue till all the wings are sauced.
Yum Yum....

I used to live in Buffalo NY...TRUE Buffalo wings are never coated with flour!
Deep fat fry the wings UNCOATED and bare....then take them out, drain and drown in Buffalo Wing Sauce that has butter already in it (I use Franks Wing Sauce). Serve with blue cheese and celery. They come out of the fryer VERY crispy...if you coat them in flour it falls off in the wing sauce.

MAN...that sounds good....think I'll have it for dinner!
tongue.png

I only deep fry bare wings when I can get them flash frozen. Fresh chicken wings don't cook exactly the same. I don't batter, I dust the fresh ones with seasoned flour.

Quote:
My baby brother worked at the bar where they were 'invented'....The Anchor Bar owned my Frank and Tessa Bellissimo (Tessa is the one who invented the recipe for the sauce). They have their own sauce...BEST ever. Here is their original recipe.
The Anchor Bar Wing Recipe
2 1/2 lb. fresh chicken wings (12-16 whole wings)
1/2 cup Original Anchor Bar Sauce
If preferred, split wings at joint, pat dry. Deep fry at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes,
or bake at 425 degrees for 45 minutes until completely cooked and crispy; drain.
Put in bowl, add sauce and toss until wings are completely covered.
Serve with bleu cheese and celery.

For milder taste add additional margarine or butter.

I prefer to deep fat fry...the baked ones never quite take me back to my Buffalo memories!

THEY are so yummy!! I am actually salivating typing this!!
lol.png

If you use boneless chicken breast peices roll them in panko and then cook them. The panko grabs hold of the sauce and OMG you can't eat enough of them.

I'm going to try to order their original sauce...I'm sure I can get it online somewhere!!
lol.png
Frank's is a good substitute...but Tessa's is better!! OH...man....I'm going to get the deep fat fryer ready....
lau.gif
I'm so hungry this morning! LOL

I have a recipe for Chinese Chicken Wings that my family loves. These are the sweet and sour kind, rather than hot and spicy. I don't make them often because they're a lot of work - worth it though. They disappear very quickly at our house.

Chinese Chicken Wings

3 # chicken wings, cut into 3 parts
1 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 cup cornstarch
cooking oil

3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup chicken broth from boiling wing tips
4 Tbsp. catsup
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
dash of salt

Put the wing tips in a small sauce pan and cover with water. Boil 1 hour. Save the broth.

Put galic salt on other wing pieces and let stand while tips are boiling. Coat wings with cornstarch (I put it in a ziploc bag and put the wings in, then shake them to coat. I usually do this in 3 or 4 batches, rather than all the wings into the bag at once.) and brown in oil.

Mix together sugar, vinegar, saved chicken broth, catsup, soy sauce, and salt. Heat together until sugar is melted. Line a shallow baking dish (I use a 10 x 13 casserole dish) with foil (this makes clean up MUCH easier later.). Arrange browned wings in single layer in baking dish. Pour sauce over the wings.

Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour, turning the wings every 15 minutes to evenly coat them with sauce, which becomes thick and sticky. You can add toasted sesame seeds the last 15 minutes.

Sooo yummy !

Back
Top Bottom