Recipes- Duck Eggs

maralynn28

Songster
9 Years
Mar 4, 2010
Corpus Christi, TX
I searched the site and google and didn't see any recipes using duck eggs except for one potato salad one (that is in the fridge right now)
big_smile.png
. Could you all please post some here for me???? I know they're good for just about everything, but if there is anything in particular you love I'd really appreciate the recipe.

I also understand the recipe for Cakes, muffins, cookies is different if using packaged mix? I've got 2 doz eggs to play with this weekend!
celebrate.gif

Last edited:
Did you try in the egg, chicken and other favorite recipes forum...There should be some there you could just use duck eggs for in place of chicken eggs.

duck egg salad!!! it is delicious!!!
smile.png
what bout fried or scrambled duck eggs for breakfast or a snack anytime of day, i make cornbread with a duck egg in it all the time

Any recipe you use chicken eggs for...
I use one pekin egg for every 1.5 chicken eggs.
They are great in cakes, souffles and meringues - they hold air in the albumin better than chicken whites do so it makes anything fluffier than the chicken version...super light cakes...mmmmmm

Cheesecake is my favorite and everyone loves when I make em!

Recipe:
Crust-anything you choose! I use crushed oreo's, graham crackers, ect! Crush whatever you wish and line bottom of 9" springform pan.

Ingredrients:
5 8oz packages of cream cheese
5 duck eggs
1 cup sugar
1 Tbsp. vanilla
2 Tbsp. flour

Preheat oven to 315 degrees. Bring eggs and cream cheese to room temp. Mix cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add one egg at a time until all are added and mixed. Add vanilla. Add flour slowly until completely mixed in. I like to add fun ingrediants such as crushed cookies, heathbar, chocolate chips ect. You can make it whatever you like. I do grasshopper cheesecakes, coffee heathbar, oreo. Just about anything! You can also do just a basic recipe with the above ingrediants and a graham cracker crust. Once you make your crust (does not need precooking) pour your batter into pan. Wrap the bottom of the pan in aluminum foil with several layers. If you have a larger rectangel sheet cake pan you can fill with water to create a water bath, it is incredibly helpful to prevent over drying or cracking on top of the cheesecake. Bake in oven for one hour and 15min. Once this time is complete, turn off oven and keep in oven with door slightly ajar for 2-3 hours. After place in the refrigerator for 24 hours. Embelish as you see fit! I sometimes cover mine in melted chocolate and berries. Be creative, you cant go wrong with a cheesecake and everyone will love you for it!

-Jaime;)

Jaime!!!!
love.gif
Thanks SO much for that cheesecake recipe using duck eggs. I love making cheesecakes but not sure how many duck eggs to use vs chicken egg. So 1 duck egg for every 8oz cream cheese it looks like? I will be making this today!
PS My fave crusts so far are using Nilla wafers or Gingersnaps....YUM!

Chef in town uses my duck eggs just like chicken eggs. Sure, they're a little bigger but it doesn't make any difference.
He caters as well and often makes egg salad sandwiches. By request! Even after he told them he was using duck eggs.

Hmmm. Guess what I'm having for lunch ...

Back
Top Bottom