1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Recipes for Layer Flocks

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by GR Chicks, Mar 9, 2014.

1. GR Chicks

GR Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

I have a local feed mill that will mix a recipe for me if I give him ingredients and amounts. I want to give my flock a good feed that is 50% or less corn since its so hard to find non-mgo corn. I would be interested in all the recipes you are willing to share. I have a flock of 33, so I buy my feed in 100lb sacks. Thanks!

2. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
  3. GR Chicks

4. Percheron chick

Percheron chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2013
    Boulder, Colorado
    Get a list and price of feed options from the mill. It will help you create a goal price point. You can easily eliminate all the corn. Cost will go up but there are a lot of alternatives.

5. GR Chicks

Thanks, I will do that. I want my girls to eat the best I can give them. It can be overwhelming to try and select the best ingredients, when their is so much to choose from and I don't have experience with this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by