1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

recipes for one...with eggs

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by BBK, Sep 26, 2009.

1. BBK

BBK Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2009
    upstate NY
    well, i'm the only one in my family that likes eggs...wondering if there's some great recipes out there for one. i really want to make quiche....

thanks

melinda

2. Dragonfly Ranch

Dragonfly Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2009
    Happy Valley, CA
    Quote:Melinda

This is not necessarily a recipe for one egg - but you can make these up and freeze quite nicely - so when you want a quiche type dish pull one from the freezer and it's a perfect portion for one person. Our favorite with a fried egg on top.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=202971

Enjoy

Sandee

3. BBK

BBK Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2009
    upstate NY
    thanks Sandee, i saw this B4 and it looks yummy.... LOL on the one egg thing...I want to use as many eggs as i can, not just one!!! [​IMG] for one person...
    melinda

4. Dragonfly Ranch

Dragonfly Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2009
    Happy Valley, CA
    Quote:When I read the post after I hit the send button I realized what I said wasn't what I was thinking. To early in the morning not enough coffee yet. I had the Zucchini patties more in mind. But with that said,

I vote ice cream - takes about 8 yolks eggs per batch. Angel Food cake with the left over whites from the ice cream. Bet you that those who don't like eggs would be changing their minds. Individual mini quiches that can be frozen.

I'll keep thinking

Sandee

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by