1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Recognize this old wood stove?

Discussion in 'DIY / Self Sufficiency' started by Agdketo, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Agdketo

Agdketo Out Of The Brooder

Sep 14, 2009
    Aledo, Illinois
    I found this old wood stove (I'm assuming its wood) out back behind our house with all the other broken and outdated equipment. Unfortunately it's broke, but if there is a chance I can get it fixed for cheap enough, I would love to have it back in the house. It's in pretty rough shape though. It was laying with the front down and I managed to dig it out and get it sitting up right. I couldn't find the make on it so I'm hoping someone could help me identify it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Life is Good!

Life is Good! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    suburbia Chicagoland
    If you call a local well established woodstove/fireplace supplier, they may be able to help you out. And of course provide you with parts and service too.

Looks like a cool piece!

3. wyoDreamer

wyoDreamer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    I hate to go all negative on you, but I seriously doubt that beast could be brought back to life. There aren't any legs, there isn't a top and the bottom picture is the thermometer that tells how hot it is in the baking chamber and the glass is broken out of it. Save the money you would spend on fixing it, plus a bit more and get yourself a nice wood cookstove that is safe to use.

4. Agdketo

Agdketo Out Of The Brooder

Sep 14, 2009
    Aledo, Illinois
    Yeah, the stove is just like everything else out here... Broken or falling apart. If anything I was hoping to find out the make so I could get a reproduction of it.

5. lazy gardener

lazy gardener Chicken Obsessed

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE
    I know this is an oldish thread, but if you were interested in preserving it for nostalgic reasons, perhaps you could have it sand blasted, paint it and re-purpose it in your house, perhaps with a plastic liner and used as a plant pot!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by