Recognize this old wood stove?

Agdketo

In the Brooder
10 Years
Sep 14, 2009
Aledo, Illinois
I found this old wood stove (I'm assuming its wood) out back behind our house with all the other broken and outdated equipment. Unfortunately it's broke, but if there is a chance I can get it fixed for cheap enough, I would love to have it back in the house. It's in pretty rough shape though. It was laying with the front down and I managed to dig it out and get it sitting up right. I couldn't find the make on it so I'm hoping someone could help me identify it.

I hate to go all negative on you, but I seriously doubt that beast could be brought back to life. There aren't any legs, there isn't a top and the bottom picture is the thermometer that tells how hot it is in the baking chamber and the glass is broken out of it. Save the money you would spend on fixing it, plus a bit more and get yourself a nice wood cookstove that is safe to use.

Yeah, the stove is just like everything else out here... Broken or falling apart. If anything I was hoping to find out the make so I could get a reproduction of it.

I know this is an oldish thread, but if you were interested in preserving it for nostalgic reasons, perhaps you could have it sand blasted, paint it and re-purpose it in your house, perhaps with a plastic liner and used as a plant pot!

Back
Top Bottom