Recommend Your Best Coop-Building Tools

These work very nicely for cutting hardware cloth.
Yes!
Then I use this bend the 'sharpies' over.
full

Any recommendations for a moderately-priced nibbler for cutting sheet metal?

The roofing manufacturer does not recommend using an angle grinder on their product because the heat generated can damage the coating and compromise the anti-rust protection.

Any recommendations for a moderately-priced nibbler for cutting sheet metal?

The roofing manufacturer does not recommend using an angle grinder on their product because the heat generated can damage the coating and compromise the anti-rust protection.
Not sure if it is poor tools, lack of knowledge, or lack of skill ... but I can't cut sheet metal by hand without butchering it.

To cut my corrugated metal roof, I used a circular saw. I doubt it was the best way to do it, but it worked for me.

Not sure if it is poor tools, lack of knowledge, or lack of skill ... but I can't cut sheet metal by hand without butchering it.

To cut my corrugated metal roof, I used a circular saw. I doubt it was the best way to do it, but it worked for me.

That was also recommended against by the manufacturer for the same reason -- heat.

Hand shears or a nibbler is what they said to use.

Air compressor, without it I can't run my air nailer, stapler, nibblers, or shears.

I'm skipping over the simple tools like a tape measure, square, saw(even if it's just a hand saw), or hammer that IMHO everybody should own anyways. I have a huge shop and a tool nerd.

Maybe Home Depot rents them out....:confused:
I know there are electric shears out there. The local tool rental does rent them out but inspect them real well. The jaws wear out when people that don't know what they are doing get ahold of them and try to do way too much. I've seen noobs on construction sites try to "save time" and cut 2 or 3 sheets of heavy commercial tin at once and that is way too much. Many tool rental places just don't care and will keep the most worn out garbage on the shelf. Replacing worn tools cost money, renting them to people that don't know better still brings cash in.

Back
Top Bottom