Recommendations for a fan and mister?

Thanks for the suggestion! Do your chickens seem to like it? Does it get them wet or is it more of a fine mist? We've read some reviews on different misters that they just kind of spit water out, which some chickens don't like/avoid.
I don't personally own the misting version but have spoke to another member here who does and they really like it.
My birds enjoy misters in their run, but all birds are different. Some will love it and some will hate it.

You can freeze water in milk jugs. Put them back in the freezer after a rinse and re-use. Worked great when I lived in the desert with 110 degree heat. Also provide wading pools. I use large shallow dog water bowls.

Hey everyone! We're transitioning our chicks to their outdoor 8x8 coop this weekend, but live in a hot climate where temperatures in the summer range 90-100 degrees nearly every day, so we'd like to get a fan for the coop and a fan/mister for the run to help keep them cool. We've done quite a bit of research into it, but there are just so many options that we're feeling a little overwhelmed. Does anyone have any recommendations for fans and misters that they find particularly effective? Our preference would be a tank mister as the nearest water hookup is quite far away. I've noticed the chicks don't really start panting until around the 85/86 degree mark, so we'd ideally like to have something that cools the air around 15-20 degrees.

We were looking particularly at this MaxxAir one or this even higher powered MaxAir one from Tractor Supply - has anyone ever used these? They don't have many reviews online.

If anyone has any additional cooling tips, that'd be great too. I plan on getting a small kiddie pool that they can cool their feet in, providing frozen treats, and wetting the dirt a bit where I can.
👋 Serotonin: great QUESTIONS/bird health for thought. We are in ETexas, heat wave this year after 10 years with lots of poultry. In the firstAidPoultry books they say NO MISTING: we have never. Heat is bad for us but all poultry regulate their temperatures with water or greenery. What I started doing was putting a frozen water bottle in their 5 gallon water jug and replace 2x during the day to keep the water cooler not cold. That’was April-August, we are out of that heat wave now so no frozen bottles to add. As far as a fan, these creatures are very amazing: historical the first generation poultry were raised in So. California so no water no fans & they had thousands of birds. PERSONALLY our flocks go inside their runs on their own or under the trees if they are hot or scratch down deep making a bowl to dust: your girls n Roos if you have a he will be fine. “PROMISE”, or read the FirstAid book on poultry. 🙏🏻God speed dear

Back
Top Bottom