Recommendations for Vitamins

crystal1957

Songster
10 Years
Jun 24, 2009
Tallahassee
Anyone have any recommendations for vitamin supplements that I can add to the water periodically? Let me hear from all of you that use vitamins, how much do you use, etc. Do any of you use vitamin supplements all the time? Appreciate the advice. Thanks!

In times of stress, I do sometimes add vitamins to a one gallon waterer and let them drink that, then they get fresh. I do not do it often, just when I remember or think some of them have special needs at the time. Avia Charge 2000 is a very good vitamin/mineral supplement just for birds and though expensive to buy a tub, it lasts for ages since it's highly concentrated. I believe you can only get it online, at least to my knowledge. An 8 oz tub will make about 45 gallons of vitamin water.
Here is a write-up on it from Stromberg's:

Avia Charge 2000

All natural avian performance enhancer contains 70+ naturally chelated minerals, 23 vitamins and antioxidants, 22 essential amino acids, numerous enzymes, natural immuno-stimulants and body and blood building nutrients that will improve your bird's health, fertility, performance, endurance, overall condition and welfare. Don't your birds deserve Mother Natures best offering? This water soluble powder is good for chickens, pigeons, ducks, geese and game birds.

McMurray carries it as well.

avia_charge_2000_secondary_popup.jpg

Last edited:
I mix AC2000 to a light iced tea color, less concentrated than the amount noted on the container. Seems to be more palatable to the birds. I give it everyday except on ACV days once a month or so. And the stuff lasts forever - I buy a new container well before I run out, just to start fresh, especially if it gets quite caked which tells me a lot of moisture got to it (New Jersey might as well be the Amazon sometimes). Water with AC2000 in it can smell funky within a day in hot humid weather especially so I always make sure to make a fresh batch at least daily (which I would do anyway with 'plain' water).

JJ

Quote:
I saw that mentioned in another post. What is it, and what's it used for?

I use it. It is a supplement. I will type here what the bottle says.....
Ingredients are:
propylene glycol, molasses products, calcium carbonate, choline chloride, DL-methionine, L-lysine, Vitamin E, Vitamin A, Vitamin D-3, thiamine, niacin, zinc sulfate, ethylenediamine dihydroiodide, magnesium sulfate, maganese sulfate, iron sulfate, copper sulfate, sodium selenite, cobalt sulfate, sugar.

Nutri-Drench is a premium, nutrient rich supplement formulated to rapidly deliver energy and essential nutrients. The patented process increases speed of assimilation and bio-availability. The finest nutritional support for all poultry. No withholding.

Shipped birds: give on arrival. For rapid response feed directly in mouth.
Direct drinking water (prepare fresh daily):
age per gallon
1-4 days 4 oz
5-14 days 2 oz
2-4 wks 1 oz
4-6 wks .5 oz
6+wks .25 oz

Quote:
Same as I think of Vitamins for my human patients.
Total waste of money.
There are some rare diseases that require supplementation of a Single Specific Vitamin.

But there is nothing that requires Multivitamins. Nothing.
Multivitamin products are probably the biggest selling placebos for the perception of illness where no illness exists at all.
Keep your money in your own pocket. Eat a balanced healthy diet and stop fretting about micronutrients that we all get in excess from our diet.
Same applies to chickens.
Have anyone truly, genuinely seen a real vitamin deficiency in a bird?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom