Recommended brand of dog food??

KikiDeAnime

Spooky
6 Years
Dec 29, 2017
Battle Ground, WA
Before anyone suggests raw, my parents will not do this.
We recently found out that the brand we switched our dogs to is causing our 8 year old male dog have seizures. Our female dogs are doing fine with it though.

What dog food brand does everyone recommend for our 8 year old dog??

It would recommend a limited ingredient food and ones where the first ingredients are real meat, not by product. Most of the best dog foods are more expensive. However, you will see their coat improve with quality feed. I personally use canidae pure. One of my dogs has a sensitive stomach, and she does great on their food.

Is there a specific ingredient that is causing the seizures?
I'm so sorry. Watching a beloved pet suffer with seizures is one of the most difficult things I've had to watch. My heart hurts just thinking about it and thinking about others going through this.

Is there a specific ingredient that is causing the seizures?
I'm so sorry. Watching a beloved pet suffer with seizures is one of the most difficult things I've had to watch. My heart hurts just thinking about it and thinking about others going through this.
We still can't figure that out because the different vets I talked to said it could have been any of them.
So far he's had 3 seizures and this recent one happened yesterday morning around 4:40am which woke me up because his legs were hitting the wall next to my door.

We still can't figure that out because the different vets I talked to said it could have been any of them.
So far he's had 3 seizures and this recent one happened yesterday morning around 4:40am which woke me up because his legs were hitting the wall next to my door.
That is one reason to switch to a limited ingredient food, less to narrow down. That is how I figured my dog is allergic to eggs.

I agree about the limited ingredient diet. If you dogs don't have a problem with grains, a grain inclusive food is advised, like stated above. It's also better to go with a single protein source food, at least until the cause of his seizures is figured out

Back
Top Bottom