Recommended Incubators

theatrain16

In the Brooder
Apr 6, 2016
Texas
I just bought the farm innovators pro series incubator from tractor supply, but I have ready some things about it like that temperature is different inside than the reading says. Can anyone recommend an incubator that will work and I don't have to worry about it being wrong?

I just bought the farm innovators pro series incubator from tractor supply, but I have ready some things about it like that temperature is different inside than the reading says. Can anyone recommend an incubator that will work and I don't have to worry about it being wrong?
No matter what incubator you get you should always have your own thermometer and hyrometer in the bator, or at least check the bator's readings against a known accurate thermometer/hygrometer.
Brinseas are some of the most accurate incubators and even they need to be double checked. They are more pricey with less capacity.
If you are looking for a midline bator like the FI the only styro I would recommend would be the Hovabator. The 1588 is all digital and has a nice picture window. they run about $150 w/o the turner. But again, they should be double checked for accuracy.

No matter what incubator you get you should always have your own thermometer and hyrometer in the bator, or at least check the bator's readings against a known accurate thermometer/hygrometer. 
Brinseas are some of the most accurate incubators and even they need to be double checked. They are more pricey with less capacity.
If you are looking for a midline bator like the FI the only styro I would recommend would be the Hovabator. The 1588 is all digital and has a nice picture window. they run about $150 w/o the turner. But again, they should be double checked for accuracy.

Ok do you have a thermometer/ hygrometer you would recommend getting?

Ok do you have a thermometer/ hygrometer you would recommend getting?
A lot of people swear by the therms and hygros you find at the pet shops in the reptile sections. A lot of people recommend the Brinsea Spot checks to check. I personally have 2 of the springfield precision and an accurite therm/hygro in mine. I rely on my springfields though. Funny thing is the worst thermometer/hygrometer I bought was a springfield, but different style. It was 6 degrees off when I bought it, but the precisions have been great.

A lot of people swear by the therms and hygros you find at the pet shops in the reptile sections. A lot of people recommend the Brinsea Spot checks to check. I personally have 2 of the springfield precision and an accurite therm/hygro in mine. I rely on my springfields though. Funny thing is the worst thermometer/hygrometer I bought was a springfield, but different style. It was 6 degrees off when I bought it, but the precisions have been great.
Ok thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom