Recovery from an explosion

BullChick

Wrangler
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
Apr 17, 2012
Coffee shop in zone 5
So you didn't think the egg was rotten, and you pipped it? I hope you have finished getting sick before coming on here!
Or, the egg exploded itself. In this case, you are lucky.
This thread is for our stories. What we know went wrong, or don't know. More importantly, how to clean up afterwards.

I have several broodies. The first one was due three days ago. Last night I finally candled. I'm not a believer in candling broody eggs. So I didn't know one had a blood ring. The other was a green egg. Logic said that I should have at least seen the air cell. So did experience. Alas, The egg felt a little heavy, and I thought I heard a peep. I decided to wait until today to pip it. I'm glad I did!
I got the egg, and walked to the back of the coop away from the evil broody. I tapped the egg with my tool, and the egg went everywhere!!! I rushed out of the coop, scanning the property for the dog, heading to the back door. I kept my mouth open to avoid breathing in the stench, and spit out what I must. Fortunately, the dog came quickly. This is no time to really care where the dog is. I was going to leave him outside if he didn't come immediately.
I put my cell phone down on the steps, not wanting to risk there being egg on it. If I had been able to get away with it, I would have already gotten off my dirty clothes.
I rushed to the bathroom, and stepped into the shower. Clothes and all, I turned on the water. I washed my hair twice, and the third time I left the shampoo in. My mouth still open, I began to remove my dirty clothes. When I dared to breathe through my nose momentarily, the stench was still there! I scrubbed viciously. It took twenty minutes. I used a Clorox wipe to clean my phone (still open mouthed).
When I was sure everything was as clean as possible, I dared to breathe through my nose. That is when the taste became more evident. Thankfully, I have had nothing to eat and I drink strong coffee. I had nothing to regurgitate, and the strong coffee helped with the taste in my mouth.
I know I will have to go out soon to clean up the remnants of the egg. Since I just finished cleaning the coop two days ago, I am hopeful that is an easy job. :fl

Back
Top Bottom