recycle, reuse and rescue!

Just a note. A six foot privacy fence is a joke to many breeds, particularly when they are young. They'll hop over it like it is nothing! Unless your neighbors don't mind your chickens coming for a visit and digging holes in their gardens, you may need a run or select breeds that will be too heavy to clear the fence.

Quote:
sad.png
Hey now pullet pimp, I wouldn't want the little critters to get here next spring and think they won't have a pot to p#$% in when they are big enough to leave the living room!
smile.png
Besides, spring is extremely muddy and cold here and I didn't want to be out building in the mud and muck. Yup, I'm a wimp that way.
smile.png

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up. I have considered that, but I decided we'll, ah, jump that fence when we get there.
roll.png

Quote:
My fence is only about 4 feet high and the chickens have never left the yard. I think it helped that we kept them in the main coop and outdoor run (which is about 3.5 feet hight) with bird netting over the top. By the time they were old enough to explore on their own they were trained not to fly up high. I have a RIR, SLW & buff brahma.

Back
Top Bottom