Recycled Dog house now Chicken Coop

Wow! Real nice work. Your chickens are sure going to be happy!
smile.png

The Coop is finally done and I even made the bucket feeder and waterer that is on the learning center. The picks of the finished coop is below

All closed up
27759_img_2624.jpg

Door to clean coop and collect eggs
27759_img_2626.jpg

You can see the roosts in this one.
27759_img_2626.jpg
[/url][/img]

Here are the floor register vents,
27759_img_2628.jpg

The pop door
27759_img_2622.jpg

Run access
27759_img_2632.jpg

The whole thing
27759_img_2621.jpg

Looks good... I would worry bout the size of fencing though... Had a friend whos chicken stuck its head out and a dog got it and pulled it the rest of the way out... Not a prettty sight
sickbyc.gif
Witht he sturdy fence you could prob use chicken wire or deer netting both are fairly cheap... If you have already thought of this sorry.. Didnt mean anything by it.... It looks great though.. I LOVE recycling..

I LOVE that. Nice big wheels/tires for moving around. You give me a great idea for the tractor I need to build for my 3 new banties.

I would put hardware cloth up on the bottom of that run though so the chickens don't stick their heads out or something reaching in. I need to do the same thing to my dog kennel run as well.

Thanks for sharing.

Niiiice I like!!

Just curious, you have to bend over to access the eggs?? My doghouse coop's roof opens up. I think I do prefer rooftop access.

Glad I'm not the only one with big, conspicuous wheels!!

Last edited:
Thanks for all the compliments and ideas.
I have debated about the hardware cloth and I may end up putting hardware cloth along the bottom part of the the run.
Time will tell on that. I will be making nesting boxes soon, but I have some time as the pullets we are getting will be young.

Fabulous!
clap.gif
I love the design.

I would run some hardwire cloth inside the run from ground up halfway to stop something from reaching in (coons are famous for this) or chickens sticking their heads out.

With it being portable, I am not sure how I would handle the potential diggers getting in.

Back
Top Bottom