Chirping
12 Years
Sep 5, 2010
Summerland, BC
My Coop
My Coop
Here's the view from my kitchen window!

viewfromhouse.jpg

House is 10x8. Pen is a "dually" and fairly large. The only thing I bought was wire for the pen and some standard hardware.

I just got 12 young ISA browns a week ago and they're VERY happy.
smile.png

I found this forum a few months ago and found it very helpful for ideas.
Thank you all!!

(have documented the progress on my page with 24 pics! Check it out if you like.)

https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=67146

Awesome.
I see that you added a feed level window to your pvc feeder. Is that just a small piece of plexi?

Also, your shop area looks much too clean! My garage looks like I am using deep litter method whenever i start a project.
smile.png

Last edited:
Hey, thanks!
smile.png

Can't take all the credit tho'.........this forum gets most of it!
I've really enjoyed the ideas from people who have made their coops from the ground up by using 2nd hand materials. I did spend some $$$$$, but no where near what it would cost if this was done from ALL new stuff.

Oh yeah, happy thanksgiving to our cool neighbours!!!!!!

REALLY looks great. Nothing like taking "throw away" material and making something useful and enjoyable. Sorta like buying that old painting at a yard sale for $6, taking it to "THE ROADSHOW" and finding out that it's worth $100,000.

Wow, it looks fantastic. Quite the set-up you've got there; your yard seems so well-planned! I bet your chickens are thrilled to have such a nice home. I'm still putting the finishing touches on my own recycled materials coop, but here's a photo with a bunch of construction debris everywhere. Ours is made out of old privacy fence panels that we found on Craig's List, and windows found on the side of the road.

IMG_2482.JPG

Wowee-wow! It's awesome! What's in your greenhouse? Can I come over to play?
big_smile.png

Raen, yours is super-cute too. (Love the pooch in the sweater). It's similar to what mine is going to be like when it's done. It's a freebee playhouse that I found when I was hiking. Can you post pics of the inside? I could use a little inspiration.
63900_100_1246.jpg

Well, the inside is a bit shabby looking. It's really too cold here to paint right now, so that's probably going to have to wait until the spring, and they're using a bucket as a nest box (they didn't care for the red bins, oh well)...all in all, probably not inspiration-worthy! Come spring, though, I won't be able to resist making the inside all colorful and funky.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom