Red Bar Female?

BackyardFarmer4

Songster
7 Years
Oct 10, 2013
So I ordered two pigeons 1 blue bar and 1 red bar. I asked for a male and female. He said he was very good at sexing them but not the best. They came in yesterday and the blue bar is much bigger than the red bar which makes me think he's the male and the red bar is a female but I just recently red that if a red bar has black or blue flecking in the feathers its a male and my pigeon has a lot of flecking in the feathers. So my question is did he send me two males? Thanks in advance!

I never heard of the flecking in the feathers to determine male/ female. By the size, is a good guideline, but not fool proof. Best way to determine if you have a male/female pair is observation. If they start to fight, chances are you have 2 males. 2 females should not fight at all. ( my observations) . If they are caressing and smooching, or mounting, then you know you have a pair. If you have multiple pigeons, the easiest way to determine who is who is this ,,,,,,, Take a known male pigeon and place inside cage with the 2 unknowns. USUALLY IN NO TIME YOU HAVE YOUR ANSWER..
WISHING YOU BEST
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom