Red Breasted Black OEGB?

FowlLove

Songster
Oct 18, 2017
trixie1.png
trixie2.png

Hello everyone! I posted earlier and was told this chick is probably a black breasted red OEGB. Does it still look like that's what she is? The feathers she has coming in makes me think she's going to be a different color, but I could be wrong.

Thanks! It seems like it's hard to find good pictures of black breasted red hens so that's why I wasn't sure.

At this age, I wouldn't be sure on gender, but they do both get their first feathers with that kind of interesting camouflage pattern. When she/he gets feathers on the breast (a few more weeks, perhaps), then you can be sure of gender: black-breasted is male, brown-breasted is female. (Some people say they can tell gender early by the details of head and eye markings--I am not one of those people. I wait for other sign, like breast feathers or comb development. I know some of them are regularly right, but I just don't see the same things they do when I look at a chick.)

46EF80CB-1248-4B94-94D4-247A3208C423.jpeg
95C93A4B-E116-4344-AAEE-0974EF5AE0B8.jpeg
Here she is again—almost fully feathered! And this little baby can FLY! She’s more like a wild bird than a chicken 😆

Back
Top Bottom