1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

red butts no feathers

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by kelliepulido, Jul 27, 2014.

1. kelliepulido

kelliepulido Songster

Mar 18, 2008
    st.john's mi
    I have about 40 chickens at least 15 have big bright red butts with no feathers like area size of a grapefruit.I have dusted all of them at least 4x a week apart ,I scrap the coop everyday dust with all kinds of products as well as de change out bedding daily have a cement coop floor dust and scrap all roosts have used many products in their dusting holes in the yard they have more than enuff space inside and out and have used 26% game starter for several months to increase protien no luck.And many of them show no problems at all.I have also came out after dark and inspected roosts and chikens for bgs nothin what do I have.My coop is so clean

2. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    Colorado
    My Coop
    Oh yes! My hen had this last year too. The other chickens were plucking them out. But when she molted they all grew back. Give all your chickens protein and wait for the molt.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. kelliepulido

kelliepulido Songster

Mar 18, 2008
    st.john's mi
    thts the only thing I can think of is that others and themselves are pulling them out

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: