Red butts

Cindymac

Chirping
Jun 13, 2021
Have 3 girls that I just noticed have red butts. No feathers.looks like orangutan butts?? Not sure what this means

Most likely it's due to urates in feces scalding the skin which causes loss of feathers and fluff, redness, swelling and irritation.
Apply Nu-Stock to the affected area and it will heal. Shake the tube well and wear disposable gloves when applying it.
You can trim back fluff and feathers a little on other birds so droppings fall directly to the ground. Dont trim back too much.
Nu-Stock can be found in the equine section at a feed store.

This what it look like. I've seen it on 3 girls now.
20220424_195026.jpg

Most likely it's due to urates in feces scalding the skin which causes loss of feathers and fluff, redness, swelling and irritation.
Apply Nu-Stock to the affected area and it will heal. Shake the tube well and wear disposable gloves when applying it.
You can trim back fluff and feathers a little on other birds so droppings fall directly to the ground. Dont trim back too much.
Nu-Stock can be found in the equine section at a feed store.

What causes the urates? I feed then nutrena and have for 20 years this is the first time I've seen this with my girls. They act gine and it forsnt deem to bother them. I'll try you suggestion anyhow. I hate to know it hurts them.

Back
Top Bottom