Red cedar

You NEVER want to use cedar bedding! It is toxic to chickens and all fowl, because of the fumes that come off the bedding. Use Pine instead. Cedar will cause respiratory issues, and other problem. Good job asking before using! I have seen people use it unknowingly, and then posting threads with there issues. I always tell them it is the Cedar bedding, if they are using it.
I use pine, it works great! :thumbsup

You NEVER want to use cedar bedding! It is toxic to chickens and all fowl, because of the fumes that come off the bedding. Use Pine instead. Cedar will cause respiratory issues, and other problem. Good job asking before using! I have seen people use it unknowingly, and then posting threads with there issues. I always tell them it is the Cedar bedding, if they are using it.
Ty I will use pine also

pine straw or shavings?

Well, I've used aged cedar wood chips in the run once where there's plenty of air circulation. there weren't that many and all the chickens were fine. I wouldn't use any in a coop or brooder though.

Back
Top Bottom