Red Cell for anemic hen?

MotherhenXOXO

Songster
7 Years
Feb 27, 2016
I've been trying to treat my anemic hen, Lilybug. You may have heard about her under Gasping for breathe.I've heard about Red cell and that it is high in iron.Would this be good to give her and if so can it be given along with other vitamins and how much for a 1 pound bird? This picture is from the earlier stages of her illness but she is still beautiful!

I don't know if it can be used with birds or not as I have never tried it but if it can, I suspect it will help a bunch. I have used it a great deal on rescue horses with huge success. I would love to know if it can be used with chickens. I hope someone who knows the answer chirps in soon.
caf.gif

Poultry Nutri-drench and Poultry Cell are both very good to use on chickens. Both contain iron, other trace minerals, vitamikns, electrolytes, and amino acids. Dosage is by weight 1-3 ml daily by mouth.

Last edited:
I've been using Nutri-Drench and was going to change to Kickin Chicken.Iron is a big deal right now for my little girl and Red Cell looks more beneficial.It is good to know that it works well on your rescue horses.God Bless you for helping horses in need!

Last edited:
Poultry Nutri-drench and Poultry Cell are both very good to use on chickens. Both contain iron, other trace minerals, vitamikns, electrolytes, and amino acids. Dosage is by weight 1-3 ml daily by mouth.
Maybe I should switch to Poultry Cell if I can find it. I've been giving Nutri-Drench through a syringe to Lilybug for 2 months and she really really hates it!Plus, I am not seeing a difference.

I mix it in their water... it's super thick and strong straight...
Nutri-Drench is strong too! Smells awful! Since it is vital she gets her iron I've been syringe feeding it to her that way I know for sure she is getting what she needs.It is getting close to impossible to get her to eat it since she hates it so much.Just curious....what is your measurements?

Nutri-Drench is strong too! Smells awful! Since it is vital she gets her iron I've been syringe feeding it to her that way I know for sure she is getting what she needs.It is getting close to impossible to get her to eat it since she hates it so much.Just curious....what is your measurements?

I have a lot to give it to, so I mix about an 1/8th of a cup in a gallon of water then mix that into 10 gallons...

Back
Top Bottom