Red chapped face??**with pics**

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Mandalina, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Mandalina

Mandalina Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    Savannah,MO
    How do i treat a 8 1/2 week old chicken wit ha red chaffed/chapped face? I am not sure what did it, it just started the day before yesterday.She was taking a dirt bath in the pine shavings instead of outside, so could it just be irritation if she rubbered her face in the pine?
    I am trying to get pics, she isnt very cooperative at the moment. And, to top it off my Muffinz is suddenly having wattles that are bright red and i dont know if it is from the irritation or if she is a late blooming boy (which will make me cry).
    Does anyone know what i should do?? Should i seperate her??

ok,ran out and brought her into the house for pics. she isnt happy with me.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  2. Mandalina

Apr 1, 2009
    Savannah,MO
    and this is what Miz Muffinz looked like 2 weeks ago
    [​IMG]
    no redness or anything

3. DiVon80

DiVon80 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Pearl River,Louisiana
    Maybe a lil coacoa butter! [​IMG] She really cute!!!

4. georgialee

georgialee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    To me it just looks like irritation probably from the oils in the pine shavings. Can you wipe off her face with some water? Also, I think it just looks like her wattles are irritated, too - she doesn't look like a roo to me. She's cute!

5. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    You could try putting some vasoline on it, that should help the dryness

6. Mandalina

Apr 1, 2009
    Savannah,MO
    okey dokey,i shall try that. she is being very foul mooded at the moment, which isnt like her. she is usually so sweet and will follow me all over and enjoys coming inside to see the kids, but this am when i brought her in she was nippy and went after my cat.
    hopefully her face will feel better with some lovin care and she will be in a better mood.

and lets all hope i dont loose a digit to her foul mood lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by