red flood light vs. infrared

If you can't find a lower watt Infrared light lower than 250 watts, try a pet store that has reptile supplies
I looked all over for one and found one in Evergreen, CO at a reptile and pet store. I bought 2 -150 watt Infrared light bulbs but they were about $11 a piece!
My chicken coop is small , just enough for 4 birds so 250 watt was too much but the 150 watt was just right. I put it on a timer so it goes on at 4 pm till 10 am and I bought a weather station from Costco.
You have a main indoor panel that you can read the outside and inside temp. It also has a sensor which you can place outside within 300 ft and read the outside temp and humidity and atmospheric pressure from inside your home. I placed that sensor inside the chicken coop so I can monitor the temp in the coop so the birds don't get too warm or too cold. The sensor runs on batteries and needs 2 of them either alkaline or lithium. Alkaline is good to read temps to -4 degrees but if you use lithium its will read to -40 degrees, and only need 2 AA Batteries!

It's called....

It is called a ACU>RITE Deluxe Wireless Weather Center at Costco but they are going to stop carrying them. I bought mine a couple days ago On December 26, 2013. IF COSTCO DOES NOT CARRY IT ANYMORE, CALL THEM FIRST, THEN JUST GOOGLE AND ORDER FROM WHOMEVER

Back
Top Bottom