Red golden pheasant

amrose

In the Brooder
8 Years
Feb 11, 2011
Does anyone know if you can keep just a single male pheasant? I want to build a aviary and really only want one pheasant. Would it be better to have a pair? I am not interested in breeding. What do you suggest?

You can house many males together as long as there are no hens around.This way you can have 5 or 6 males of different species to show off their colors.Well,that's as long as your pen is big enough to house them together.
In N.H.,Tony.

Thanks for the advise. My aviary will be like this one if I can find another satellite dish. ten feet diameter and over 6 feet tall. How many do you think it could house, comfortably.

79643_dscn1272.jpg

Thanks Tony, think I'll just stick with my original plan of just a single male. Now just have to build another aviary and locate a pheasant. (Not easy in Louisiana)

Definately try Kelly McMullan, he is right outside of Shreveport and has several varieties of Goldens for sale right now including dark throated and yellows. He is a very interesting person who can provide a wealth of knowledge.

Found his number, (318) 949-2294 He raises a LOT more than just Golden pheasants.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom