Red Head ducks

rp riley

Songster
Apr 17, 2020
Central Oklahoma
I have been thinking really hard about getting a pair of juvenile Red Head ducks. I would order them from Purely Poultry. My question is how much money could I sell the ducklings for. here is a picture of a pair

Attachments

• th (7).jpg
    th (7).jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 36
Also why do hatcheries not sell them as ducklings. I don't really want Red Head ducklings anyways I will be easier if they are already adults. But I was just wondering why

First they are divers so they need plenty of water and might be more difficult feed and to breed successfully. I don't have any divers because of keeping a pond open and clean in my yard for the winter.
Second you need federal permits and in some states state permits so sell any of their offspring and eggs that includes giving them away. I have state and federal permits for my ducks I sell Green wing teal and this year I'll have Cinnamon teal but only hatched one Wood duck.

If you are paying that much for a duck, you want to make sure it is a good one. The simplest way to ensure that you are getting a healthy duck, is to buy it when it has survived childhood.

Can they produce fertile offspring with mallards? I would buy something from the f2 generation, either 50% or 25% with good red color.

First they are divers so they need plenty of water and might be more difficult feed and to breed successfully. I don't have any divers because of keeping a pond open and clean in my yard for the winter.
Second you need federal permits and in some states state permits so sell any of their offspring and eggs that includes giving them away. I have state and federal permits for my ducks I sell Green wing teal and this year I'll have Cinnamon teal but only hatched one Wood duck.
Yea, I have been researching that they need a big deep pond. Do you know where I can find out if a need a permit in my state. I live in Oklahoma

Back
Top Bottom