Red Hen; Can you see the Problem?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by justbugged, Oct 24, 2011.

1. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    So don't hate me to much...... [​IMG]

So yesterday evening I was on the phone with DH, confessing about the 150.00 Aquarium Filter, and I started out the back sliding door. I paused for some reason. TG!!!! I suddenly looked up and.......

Can you see the problem? [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is a close up of Charlotte.
    [​IMG]

She is going to be relocated today. I am sure that at some point I will forget that she is right there at face level. I kind of like spiders, but not in the face. I think it would upset Charlotte too. Can you only imagine what she will be thinking when I ruin all of her hard work? I am still very happy that I paused and looked up. I normally just barge out that door without thinking. [​IMG]

Dear Lord; Please protect me from scared, mad, and vengeful Red Hens. [​IMG]

2. ChickiKat

ChickiKat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2011
    Eastern Kansas
    Double Ugh!!

3. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Glad to know I'm not the only one that names my orb weavers Charlotte. We have Charlotte 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and so on and so forth.... and that's just in the front yard. [​IMG]

4. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    Haha! That is funny! [​IMG]

5. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    I'm REALLY glad you clarified what the problem was!

I was thinking "really?!"

6. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    Quote:Yeah that's the way it works here too. I also happy to know that I am not the only one that does it either. I also have named all the male Hummingbirds Larry, and the girls are named Fred. That way I don't to worry about how many different little birds are around.

7. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

Thank you for that closeup; I was going, "I don't see anything... [​IMG] Her flowers are still blooming! Or is she talking about the fireplace needing painted again...? Nope, that's good too. She's finally cracked."

And by thank you, I mean, 'Okay. Coulda lived without that! [​IMG] " I like spiders, but not that close!

I did get mad at my mom the other day because I tried to rescue a spider and she had my stepdad kill it instead. [​IMG] It was just being a spider....

8. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Hey, I thought of Red today too. [​IMG]

I was driving down the road and happened to look up to the ceiling of the car. There was a HUGE grandaddy longlegs right above my face. [​IMG]
    You will be pleased to know that I did not drive off the road. I came to a complete stop, picked him up by the leg and tossed him out the window. I was thinking of Red the whole time. [​IMG]

9. spacecowgirl

spacecowgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2011
    Ugh, yuck, shudder, bleah...I had a moment quite like that a few weeks ago...walked right under the web, oblivious, just to turn around to walk back and go " Oh my God!!!"....whew...that thing could've jumped on my head and killed me in a millesecond. Just glad I saw him in time to prevent him from a second chance.

10. nightowl223

nightowl223 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    United States
    I like spiders, too. [​IMG] They're the mortal enemy of flies, which I hate! [​IMG] And, yes, I am also the one that catches spiders in the house, and releases them outside [​IMG]

I don't name them all Charlotte, but I do occasionally name them - especially the pretty garden spiders that I get sometimes http://entomology.unl.edu/images/spiders/argiope_aur2.jpg My last one was named Betsy [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by