Red jelly like substance in poop? Please help!

so this morning i found some worms in their poop, so i didn't even have to get their poop checked. we had the right medicine for them already at home so we are treating our turkeys and chickens, just to be sure. thanks for your help!

I haven't seen any more red blobs since that one day I re-wormed them. I think it has to be associated with worms. Any update on your end?

I haven't seen any more red blobs since that one day I re-wormed them. I think it has to be associated with worms. Any update on your end?
I watched them for a couple of more days just to be sure. There are no more worms in their poop and we still need to do a second round of deworming, so that's a pretty good sign! Great to hear that all is well with your chickens / other birds! 😁

I watched them for a couple of more days just to be sure. There are no more worms in their poop and we still need to do a second round of deworming, so that's a pretty good sign! Great to hear that all is well with your chickens / other birds! 😁

Thank you for coming back and updating.

I did see the red blobs in a single poop a few days ago and then haven't seen them again. Not sure what in the world is going on with mine but I assume the blobs aren't from worms since they should have been evacuated. Mine all appear healthy otherwise. I do have 2 that aren't laying right now but unsure of who is doing what. Keep an eye on your chickens poop and update again if you don't mind.

Thank you for coming back and updating.

I did see the red blobs in a single poop a few days ago and then haven't seen them again. Not sure what in the world is going on with mine but I assume the blobs aren't from worms since they should have been evacuated. Mine all appear healthy otherwise. I do have 2 that aren't laying right now but unsure of who is doing what. Keep an eye on your chickens poop and update again if you don't mind.
Will do! Is it cold where you live? That could explain why they are not laying right now. Out of four laying chickens i maybe have one egg a day. And could the blobs be coccidosis or is it really jelly instead of liquid blood? Maybe a bacterial infection could also cause this.

Yes its winter. Today they all laid for the first time in a couple months.

I've treated them with Corid and Pyrantel Pamoate and still the red blobs have come back. The Pyrantel seemed to work but a few days later the blobs came back. I do have a reoccuring worm problem. I have been giving them garlic water for the past 4 days and haven't seen the blobs again, but as soon as I say something they reappear.

Well the red blobs just reappeared this morning so the garlic water didn't do anything for it. It's crazy how the blobs come and go. It has to be just one chicken that has those. I'm starting to think one of my chickens has a more serious problem than parasites. Every hen has been laying for the past few days and seem healthy though so???

Corid, Pyrantel Pamoate, & garlic water so far hasn't helped mine.

Well the red blobs just reappeared this morning so the garlic water didn't do anything for it. It's crazy how the blobs come and go. It has to be just one chicken that has those. I'm starting to think one of my chickens has a more serious problem than parasites. Every hen has been laying for the past few days and seem healthy though so???

Corid, Pyrantel Pamoate, & garlic water so far hasn't helped mine.
I treated them with a dewormer but the brand is not available in America. Can you bring her to a vet or is it closed? Maybe something wrong with her intestines (tumors?)

I treated them with a dewormer but the brand is not available in America. Can you bring her to a vet or is it closed? Maybe something wrong with her intestines (tumors?)

I can't go to the vet and spend hundreds of dollars on a $15 chicken. They all seem happy and healthy as can be at this point and they are all laying everyday now.

Tumors have crossed my mind as it seems to only be one chicken.

Amprolium resistant coccidia has been another thought since I found this pic of an infected cecal pouch:

I was kinda thinking if so, the brains looking flesh in the top of the pic is being shed when a cecal poop happens sometimes because it kinda looks like a few pieces of that material. Just a guess though but wouldn't they all have this problem instead of one chicken?

Right now I'm giving a course of Copper Sulfate. So far the blobs haven't returned but they seem to plop out around the 3rd or 4th day so I guess I'll know in a few days.

Back
Top Bottom