Red junglefowl roo tail feathers

AAApp.jpg

These are a young black breasted red phoenix pair. Unique among chickens for having a long tail, but also because the tail is held horizontally or down; very unlike other breeds and similar in carriage to a pheasant. The picture below shows a mature white phoenix rooster.
ywpr.jpg

From these you can see why we think your roo is part phoenix. Is that a possibility?

View attachment 2966818
These are a young black breasted red phoenix pair. Unique among chickens for having a long tail, but also because the tail is held horizontally or down; very unlike other breeds and similar in carriage to a pheasant. The picture below shows a mature white phoenix rooster.
View attachment 2966820
From these you can see why we think your roo is part phoenix. Is that a possibility?
It absolutely is a possibility! I have no background info on them and they do look a lot alike. I'm attaching some more recent photos of the roo and the two pullets.

20211213_100914.jpg

20211213_100853.jpg

20211213_100740.jpg

80540479-2546-4E4A-9692-A47E98CA0D4C.jpeg

Here’s a pic of one my hybrids in their normal walking stance. They have a pulsating walk that looks a little bit different than a normal chicken. Here the camera is more at ground level and you can see the tail is held well off the ground. There are only two long primary sickles and a small amount of secondary sickles that are short.

Back
Top Bottom