red legged partridge help

moon.walking.duck

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jul 27, 2010
posted this in the pheasant/chukar bit but got no replies so here it is again i got back of holiday on saturday and checked my birds i noticed in the morning my female red legged partridge was sitting down on the floor normally they jump up to where they roost at the top of the avairy when i checked again in the afternoon she was on her back with legs in the air i took her and put her in the shed with a lamp and she got a bit better she spent today on the lawn in a cage as it was sunny and still cant right her self she just falls over does anyne know what this could be or what to do she also seems to have lost a bit of weight since i last held her

That's a strange one. I know that head injuries or brain problems can affect balance. What's more likely is an ear infection associated with a respiratory infection, especially as you say she's lost weight. Why don't you have a look at the ears and see if there's any sign of infection. Sometimes you can smell it or see a discharge. Check out the nostrils for dried mucous as well.

Back
Top Bottom