Red or white brooder light

Quote:
I wouldn't suggest painting a light bulb. It may be a fire hazard.

I only use white light bulbs myself. I use a 250 watt until that gets to warm then switch to a 100 watt bulb. You can adjust the heat by raising the bulb away from them.

Never had a problem with fumes.I guess it could be a fire hazard,but it works great for me.The problem some people have is they don't use the ceramic light base for 250 watt bulbs.That's where the fire hazards start.You can not use a plastic light base with a 250 watt bulb,it "has to be ceramic".
In N.H.,Tony.

I always use dim switches with any heating bulb I use from 250W infrared down to 100W or less.

250W bulb is too powerful and energy hog for indoor use, unless your ambient room temp is down to 50 degrees or you are brooding several hundreds of chicks.

Careless people burned down houses and barns with 250 W bulb by either not using ceramic socket, or by sloppy insecure hanging.

Never trust those convenient clamps some lamps come with.

I always hang mine from the ceiling using metal metal chain, so I can sleep in peace at night.

Quote:
I like the idea of a rheostat.

Quote:
The careless people statement might be true but that is a little bold to say. There is a lot that can go wrong & some my think they know what they are doing but make a mistake.

Back
Top Bottom