Red Phoenix?

kfelton0002

Free Ranging
8 Years
Dec 8, 2015
Southeastern KY
Is this jake a red phoenix? He is penciled but I wasn't really sure of his exact phenotype. His father throws semi-penciled palm daughters when he was mated to sweetgrass hens so I know he was a Narragansett carrier. The tom also throws semi-penciled fall fires that I know of. I've been told my jake is a red phoenix but when I compare to the red phoenix on Porter's website I'm not sure. Any thoughts or ideas?

Red Phoenix Tom2.jpg
Red Phoenix Tom.jpg

Last edited:
Is this jake a red phoenix? He is penciled but I wasn't really sure of his exact phenotype. His father throws semi-penciled palm daughters when he was mated to sweetgrass hens so I know he was a Narragansett carrier. The tom also throws semi-penciled fall fires that I know of. I've been told my jake is a red phoenix but when I compare to the red phoenix on Porter's website I'm not sure. Any thoughts or ideas?

View attachment 3702751View attachment 3702752
Looks like a Harvest Gold.
A Red Phoenix wouldn't have a tail pattern distinct like this.

I could really use a good quality picture for my website. The current one isn't really that great for demonstrational purpose.

b1/b1 r/r

https://www.turkey-color-calculator.com/

Looks like a Harvest Gold.
A Red Phoenix wouldn't have a tail pattern distinct like this.

I could really use a good quality picture for my website. The current one isn't really that great for demonstrational purpose.

b1/b1 r/r

https://www.turkey-color-calculator.com/
Thank you that helps so much!! And by all means use the picture if you need it. If I get a better one I can send that to you as well.

According to Porter's calculator, if I cross the Harvest Gold to my blue calico hen (or blue sweetgrass.. not exactly sure which she is), I should get some blue phoenix, cornish palms, blue cornish palms, and some red phoenix. So a lot of really nice birds to work with. Looking forward to when the girls start laying!

The Harvest Gold poult on Porter's website does look my jake when he was a baby.

Back
Top Bottom