red sex link crosses?

Thanks it does help. I was thinking about making my own red sex links, but I don't have the right rooster.

I'm sure you do realize that you would need to use different hens as well and not these...you need to start with a purebred red based rooster over a purebred silver based female (like the RIR over a White Rock/Leghorn).

Even if you got the right kind of rooster, the 2nd generation sex link hens would not breed true and you could not get sexlinks...nice mutts, but not sexlinks....anyway that's my understanding.

Lady of McCamley

They are colored a lot like my new hampshire reds. Maybe a parent or grandparent was new hampshire? Regardless-they are very pretty :)

I bet those roosXa pure rir or nhr would be pretty....

Or those hens to a australorp....

Hmmm....

To get a sexlink i think it would take a lot of breeding back to red birds for many many generations until they cleaned up a lot. They would still be mutts, but you could possibly get the linkng back with very careful breeding.

Im imagining beautiful babies with my random breeds. Buff orp x barred rock....easter egger x australorp....RIR x easter egger.....

Im thinking ill have a good looking pen ;)

I wish I had a barred rock rooster, but my bad experience with them in the past has pretty much ruined the idea of them. I'm thinking I might get a cuckoo maran instead. Has anyone ever had one of those? Also I would very much like to see a picture of your buffxrock if you wouldn't mind.

I might post one tomorrow, my chicks will be hatching
ya.gif

so i will have my camera ready.

Back
Top Bottom