Red sex link photos needed!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Real McChicks, May 19, 2012.

1. Real McChicks

Real McChicks In the Brooder

Jul 20, 2011
    California
    My daughter is doing her 5th grade science report on red star (red-sex link) chickens. [​IMG]

I am hoping someone has a good picture of male red sex link chicks and an adult red sex link rooster that they would be willing to share with us?

We have lots of photos of our red star hen as a chick and an adult, but the photos of the males we found online weren't very good. Anyone willing to help us out with some good photos?

TIA!

2. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Free Ranging

Feb 2, 2009
    Southeast Louisiana
    These are photos of a Red Sex Link cross I did, a Speckled Sussex Rooster over a Delaware hen. Your daughter is welcome to use them for a science project.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Real McChicks

Real McChicks In the Brooder

Jul 20, 2011
    California
    That is one purty rooster!

Thanks so much.

4. Strader

Strader Songster

Apr 7, 2011
    Yakima
    Here's my red sex-link rooster at 13 weeks of age.[​IMG]

Rhode Island rooster crossed with Delaware hen.

5. Bill Matthews

Bill Matthews Songster

Apr 3, 2013
    The Red Star and other commercial red sex link males will be almost white at hatch and grow up to be mainly white with varying degrees of red feathering....The beautiful rooster above is columbian and red star males will not look anything like him.....Good Luck

6. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Are you talking about the rooster ridgerunner posted?
    If so that bird isn't Columbian pattern. The "color"/marking would be a Barred Columbian.

7. Bill Matthews

Bill Matthews Songster

Apr 3, 2013
    Yes, talking about the ridgerunner posted male,........just trying to help the kid's project....You are correct ,of course, it's barred columbian, not columbian....They were specifically interested in "red star" males, not red sex links ....Thanks for the clarification, I need all the help I can get...Take care....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: