Red sex link photos needed!

Real McChicks

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 20, 2011
California
My daughter is doing her 5th grade science report on red star (red-sex link) chickens.
big_smile.png

I am hoping someone has a good picture of male red sex link chicks and an adult red sex link rooster that they would be willing to share with us?

We have lots of photos of our red star hen as a chick and an adult, but the photos of the males we found online weren't very good. Anyone willing to help us out with some good photos?

TIA!

My daughter is doing her 5th grade science report on red star (red-sex link) chickens.
big_smile.png

I am hoping someone has a good picture of male red sex link chicks and an adult red sex link rooster that they would be willing to share with us?

We have lots of photos of our red star hen as a chick and an adult, but the photos of the males we found online weren't very good. Anyone willing to help us out with some good photos?

TIA!
The Red Star and other commercial red sex link males will be almost white at hatch and grow up to be mainly white with varying degrees of red feathering....The beautiful rooster above is columbian and red star males will not look anything like him.....Good Luck

The Red Star and other commercial red sex link males will be almost white at hatch and grow up to be mainly white with varying degrees of red feathering....The beautiful rooster above is columbian and red star males will not look anything like him.....Good Luck

Are you talking about the rooster ridgerunner posted?
If so that bird isn't Columbian pattern. The "color"/marking would be a Barred Columbian.

Are you talking about the rooster ridgerunner posted?
If so that bird isn't Columbian pattern. The "color"/marking would be a Barred Columbian.
Yes, talking about the ridgerunner posted male,........just trying to help the kid's project....You are correct ,of course, it's barred columbian, not columbian....They were specifically interested in "red star" males, not red sex links ....Thanks for the clarification, I need all the help I can get...Take care....

Back
Top Bottom