red sexlink rooster ?

Sylverfly

Songster
10 Years
Apr 29, 2009
Northeastern Michigan
This is a 2 month old red sexlink, it was supposed to be a hen I’m now having my doubts, its combs say rooster to me but it doesn’t seem to have a very rooster-e tail. It doesn’t look much like a male sexlink in color to me but I haven’t seen any photos of one this young. So what do people think rooster/odd hen, or a different breed, me I have no clue.

The chicken in question

catpill012.jpg

catpill017.jpg

Two of my other sexlinks

catpill014.jpg

catpill016.jpg

First one is IDENTICAL to the "mystery chicks" I bought at TSC in May. There are a couple of us here in VA that are still trying to figure out what they are, though we're starting to believe they are Dekalb Amberlinks.

Thats what my two boys look like. We have 7 of the red sex links. The boys are mostly white with some red feathers and also gold, the girls are mostly red with some white feathers. We have one girl that I have no idea if she is a sex link or not. At first I thought she was a boy because she is white with some gold feathers. But no red feathers at all, so she looks different than the other two boys. I have no idea what she is, but just happy its not another roo!

Back
Top Bottom