Red Silkie Genetics

Quote:
In the natural light they Hen and two roos look as dark as yours.
We have had some dark like them and some that are much lighter.
As stated by soran whe have noticed that the pullets seem to have better comb color than the cockerals.
We are still continuing to se how it goes. we have a good Black roo currently in with the red girl and we will see what we get when we hatch in the spring.

Quote:
In the natural light they Hen and two roos look as dark as yours.
We have had some dark like them and some that are much lighter.
As stated by soran whe have noticed that the pullets seem to have better comb color than the cockerals.
We are still continuing to se how it goes. we have a good Black roo currently in with the red girl and we will see what we get when we hatch in the spring.

Breeding them to a black may improve the comb color, but it will mess up the red. You would be better of breeding to a good buff.

I guess this would be a good place to point out that there are several "red" standards. One would be a "self-red" preferably with no black at all, such as a red cochin, a "black-tailed red, such as a New Hampshire red; or a "red columbian" such as a Rhode Island red.

Quote:
I would certainly love to have her also, but would prefer a bearded over a non.

I also prefer bearded and I don't think it would be hard to put beards on them. If I could just get my hands on her...
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom