Red spots on hens' legs

Sep 16, 2021
San Ramon, CA
I just got back from my 5-day trip and then noticed that two of my hens had a couple bright red spots on their legs. One of them has white legs and one of them has orange legs. At first I freaked out and thought it was mites. About 2 hours later I checked back and some of the spots were fading/disappearing. Does anyone know what they could be?

Pictures?
I just got back from my 5-day trip and then noticed that two of my hens had a couple bright red spots on their legs. One of them has white legs and one of them has orange legs. At first I freaked out and thought it was mites. About 2 hours later I checked back and some of the spots were fading/disappearing. Does anyone know what they could be

1657121420364.png

The only picture I could actually get is of the white-legged hen because the others would NOT go near the camera at all. It doesn't look that visible in the camera I think

View attachment 3175849
The only picture I could actually get is of the white-legged hen because the others would NOT go near the camera at all. It doesn't look that visible in the camera I think

If you mean the red stripes down the side-center of their legs, those are normal. In males they really redden up when they get their hormones. My hens have them too.

I don't see anything abnormal. Maybe someone else sees something I don't

Back
Top Bottom