Red string in chicken poo

annmarie1810

Chirping
Jun 4, 2020
North east England
Wonder if anyone can help please, I have a poorly hen who was seen by a vet and told gapeworm she’s on antibiotics but today I have noticed this stringy red in her poop please can someone help me and tell me what this may be

thanks so much everyone

Attachments

• 78C31172-80FE-45D0-BC09-87FC045DCEEE.jpeg
    78C31172-80FE-45D0-BC09-87FC045DCEEE.jpeg
    342.1 KB · Views: 76
It's shed intestinal lining.
Since the vet said that your hen has gapeworm, why did your vet prescribe an antibiotic? What antibiotic did the vet prescribe?
Please describe the exact symptoms your hen is showing.

Since the vet said that your hen has gapeworm, why did your vet prescribe an antibiotic? What antibiotic did the vet prescribe?
Because she said she didn’t it, bayril & also panacur wormer ..
Stretching neck, wheezy, rattle on chest, like choking, no energy, not eating or drinking, peak open all time,

Sorry also fungal infection, and suspected phumonia it’s been one thing after another

Fungal infection, suspected pneumonia, and gapeworm. Personally I would immediately cull the bird. Gapeworm eggs can be picked up off the soil and infect other birds.
Did the vet take a fecal sample and look for gapeworm eggs under a microscope?

Fungal infection, suspected pneumonia, and gapeworm. Personally I would immediately cull the bird. Gapeworm eggs can be picked up off the soil and infect other birds.
Did the vet take a fecal sample and look for gapeworm eggs under a microscope?
We got her from a farm she’s 5 month old and it’s my children’s pets if I can save her I’m sorry but I will try everything, I have had 1 already whose been the same and recovered and now her I’m not just going to put her down when I no she can survive ... and no but she’s experienced in poultry so I’m sure she knows what she’s on about? She did some tests and said the 3 above ... and she said to keep on with treatment which I am doing

Back
Top Bottom