Solved Redactor Editor Missing

drumstick diva

Still crazy after all these years.
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
Aug 26, 2009
Out to pasture
I got the bad handshake thing yesterday -first time and and have noticed my smilies and that bar that lets you change font, size, color etc. gone, gone, gone.

I think it was last night (you know how my naps goof up my sense of time,place,date). I thought it was all part of that bad handshake garbage and would be okay today. Not so. Somebody took them, and I want them to give it back.

OY I really miss my old typewriter, it didn't do the wild and crazy things a computer can do. My brother just says 'Garbage in, garbage out."

Scott too bad you can't straighten out my BYC glitches by proxy, or telakinisis - mind over matter.

I want my smiley's back PLEASE

Last edited:
When you post there is an icon that when clicked will produce the batch of "Smilies," emoticons that you can use in your response. It has disappeared.

It was part of a bar(?) that was displaying icons where you could change fonts, color, size , add imagess etc. That no longer shows up either. Sorry I don't know the proper words. I'm not a techy and at loss for the correct title.

When you post there is an icon that when clicked will produce the batch of "Smilies," emoticons that you can use in your response. It has disappeared.

It was part of a bar(?) that was displaying icons where you could change fonts, color, size , add imagess etc. That no longer shows up either. Sorry I don't know the proper words. I'm not a techy and at loss for the correct title.
What do you actually see in the reply box? Can you take a screen shot please?

upload_2017-5-25_14-45-56.png

It should look like that.

Sorry I don't have a camera handy. But YES that blue bar is missing . All I get when I go to reply to a post is

my avatar with the blank space to type in. at bottom right , three box boxes that say "post reply, "Upload a file," and "more options,"

Sorry I don't have a camera handy. But YES that blue bar is missing . All I get when I go to reply to a post is

my avatar with the blank space to type in. at bottom right , three box boxes that say "post reply, "Upload a file," and "more options,"
You mean like this?
upload_2017-5-25_14-53-58.png

Where the arrow is, does it say "Use Rich Text Editor" on your view?

Back
Top Bottom