Rediscovering Traditional Meats from Historic Chicken Breeds

Quote:
how are the bc and cuckoo marans as far as meat birds go ive got some young ones and cant belive how fast they are growing ive got to wait till i get some eggs going so i can get some more of them but for now till i can get my flock built they are just our egg birds but in a year or so i should have plenty of chickens running around here

Thanks for posting this - interesting reading!

I still remember the time my country neighbor brought me an old laying hen he had just culled. It was still warm and I made a good dinner of that hen. Wish I had neighbors like that now.

smile.png
Fantastic article quite useful!!

My flock has gotten bigger than ever anticipated. I am soo happy to have read this article. My sister in law has discouraged us from eating our dual purpose birds, but now I am excited to have some GOOD chicken again! Been a long time since I can say I actually had good chicken, Mostly the bland modern chicken, but no more! Even my husband is coming around to the idea of eating that noisy mean rooster! :)

Thank you, THANK YOU for sharing this older article with us. BYC has a wealth of information and it's sort of like the Smithsonian. You could spend a lifetime here and not see/read everything..

May be an old thread.. but this is just the type of info I was looking for!
I'm looking for that good ole flavor from my birds
yesss.gif
old.gif
yesss.gif

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom