Reducing humidity

Chickslady

In the Brooder
Aug 12, 2020
Central New Hampshire
Hi all,
I’m having humidity problems. I’m leaving a large window open and have added ventilation yet my coop still reads high humidity. 80-90 percent at night. My bedding feels dry and there’s no condensation on window or walls. I thought maybe I’d use zeolite in my bedding to see if that will help.
Does anyone know if that will help at all? Any other ideas? Help!!

Hi all,
I’m having humidity problems. I’m leaving a large window open and have added ventilation yet my coop still reads high humidity. 80-90 percent at night. My bedding feels dry and there’s no condensation on window or walls. I thought maybe I’d use zeolite in my bedding to see if that will help.
Does anyone know if that will help at all? Any other ideas? Help!!
Can you post pictures of your coop?
How many birds are you housing?
Do you keep water in the coop?

Without viewing the size and relative ventilation it more than likely is a ventilation problem a rooftop ventilation system like a whirlybird might be worth a try.

Attachments

• B8C491AA-6963-4E24-AFEB-2C786FA124E6.jpeg
    B8C491AA-6963-4E24-AFEB-2C786FA124E6.jpeg
    165.3 KB · Views: 1
What's the humidity outside the coop?
Can't make it drier inside than it is outside.
The weather channel on my phone said it was 56 percent today but it said near 90 in my coop and that was with windows open and coop door. The big food shut to block wind today but ad I’ve said earlier, I’ll have the whole place opened up and humidity will still be a good 20/40 percent higher than outside. Even on a sunny day! For better accuracy I’m going to buy a better thermometer and humidifier meter.

Back
Top Bottom