Reference to black chicks

Yes Brahmas are feathered on the feet. And they are some of the most gentle natured chicks. That's a Brahma in my picture to the left. I use to turn around and see my previous Brahmas standing right next to me at the kitchen sink. They found a way in the house and loved to come visit me for a treat.
The one with feather tufts on it's cheek, 5 toes... Salmon Faverolle... I have 2, pullet and cockeral. The cockeral is so cute! He looks like a little old man. So I have pinned him the name "Grandfather". Both of mine are shy too. I can catch the pullet... but Grandfather won't have any thing to do with us. He is his.... how do you say... his own man/chicken.I have got to get a digital camera so I can share pics with you. I'm so old school.
Well I'm glad someone appreciates my comparisons to Star Wars. I think they are hilarious when they run.
But I can tell you one thing about my chicks, they are mentally challenged!!!! They will not sleep in their house. They bunk under the stars. Even if it's raining. I have to take them one by one in the house and block the door. I've yet to figure why. There are no rats or snakes, so they must just be dumb!

is it just me cheepchicks or does the tree on the right in the pic of your front view... look like a rooster from behind?
hu.gif

Pringle,

Hello and GM...I hope there are some Brahmas. I really like them. The one I think is the Favorelle is right behind the white chick on the picture I posted earlier. Hmmmmmm I wonder why your chicks won't go in? Mine are in by 8pm every evening. The guineas and the other two grown roosters are in by 9pm. Odd ...such is the world of chickens?

Kim

Pringle.....I never noticed but you are correct it does look like a rooster ...But it is actually a pine tree with a bush directly behind it forming the rooster tail.

Kim

Back
Top Bottom